Why Phylmar Academy?
Phylmar Academy places the best courses available at your disposal. We are constantly reviewing offerings, including testing and rating – something you probably don’t have time to perform. We want to make sure that you have the best available:
- Curriculum: The course must have up-to-date curriculum that includes compliance requirements and best practices.
- Designed for how adults learn best: Not everyone learns the same way. Some prefer reading, others watching a video. Experts agree – adults learn best from doing. When we review a course, whether it’s online or in-person, we are looking for interactive activities that help the learner to measure knowledge and skills they have gained.
- Functional: We check to make sure the courses, especially online courses, work smoothly and have all the functions learners expect – ability to stop and return where you left off, quizzes, certificates, etc.
- Value: Courses must meet our quality standards, then we look for courses that are the best value. That does not necessarily mean the least expensive. A comprehensive 2-hour course may be a much better value than a brief half-hour course.
Occupational Safety and Health
Whether it’s your first day on the job, any job, or you are a seasoned occupational safety and health professional, or you are a member of company management, your first job is to be safe. Your second job is to help keep your co-workers safe.
The total direct and indirect costs of workplace injuries and illnesses were estimated to be
Workplace safety and health training is a win-win for workers and management.
In a recent survey of top 5 motivations for taking action on health and safety were:
- Cost of workers’ compensation insurance (59%)
- “Right thing to do” (51%)
- “Increases profitability” (33%)
- Federal/State rules (21%)
- “Too many accidents” (29%)
All of these are excellent reasons to investment time and money for management and workers in training designed to decrease or eliminate workplace injuries and illnesses – resulting in fewer accidents, fatalities, injuries, and lost work days.
Our Training Focuses
Occupational Safety and Health – These workplace safety courses range from fundamentals for young, new or untrained workers up to expert level courses for safety professionals.
Environmental Safety/Hazardous Materials - Do you encounter any hazardous materials in your workplace or environment? Are you responsible for the proper handling, storage and/or transportation of hazardous materials? Are you affected by any health, safety, product stewardship or life cycle-related decisions regarding the use of hazardous materials? If so, you need to know how to handle the materials safely.
Phylmar Academy Highlighted Courses – These courses are designed by Phylmar Academy to meet unmet training needs in occupational and environmental health and safety training.
Culture of Safety – If it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a company to have a Culture of Safety. The best way for best safety practices to be adopted and used is for company leadership to place as high a value on safety as on profit.
Business Skills for Health and Safety - Many business skills and practices affect the ability of the company to implement safety programs. Some of these skills and practices include Ethics, Risk Communication, and Budgeting.
EHS Professionals - The courses are more advanced with a goal of maintaining best practices, skills, and research-to-practice..
OSHA Courses – These courses have been approved by OSHA and satisfy the requirements OSHA has in place for businesses and workers.
Industry-Specific Courses – If your company has specific training needs, we can work with you to create courses designed for your industry, your workplace.