In this 3-hour online course, through interactive activities using case studies and scenarios, we will examine the fundamental causes of our actions and examine the Code of Ethics for both health and safety professionals.
At the end of this course, students will be able to: Identify a conflict of interest; understand the difference between what is ethical, moral, and legal; set out the facts in a case/investigation; identify and select among alternative actions; reflect back. Special Emphasis on Industrial Hygiene and Safety.
Who will benefit from this course?
Industrial hygienists, occupational health nurses, occupational medicine physicians, safety engineers and specialists, environmental managers, other environmental and occupational health and safety professionals, union and worker health and safety representatives.
Getting Fom Here to There:
This course on Ethics helps occupational health and safety professionals to identify ethical dilemmas involving the workplace to they can resolve ethical issues before they become problems.
Learning Objectives – By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Define ethical behavior.
- Explain how ethics programs in occupational safety and health professions have evolved.
- Compare ethical guidance statements of the individual professions.
- Analyze ethical dilemmas.
- Discuss the importance and benefits of ethical behavior in occupational safety and health.
- Ethics, Morals and Social Norms
- What is Good Ethical Behavior?
- Ethical Values
- Right vs. Right
- Characteristics of Ethics
- Developing an Effective Ethics Program
- Industrial Hygiene Code of Ethics
- Healthcare Professions
- Misconduct and Enforcement
- Case Studies, Scenarios and Challenge Questions